Wendy’s adds a new chicken sandwich to the menu with the arrival of its new 780-calorie Italian Mozzarella Chicken sandwich.
The Italian Mozzarella Chicken sandwich features a juicy, lightly breaded crispy chicken breast, topped with deep-fried mozzarella cheese, rich marinara sauce, and naturally aged Asiago cheese, all served on a garlic knot bun.
About 36 percent of the calories in an Italian Mozzarella Chicken sandwich come from fat, 41 percent come from carbs, and the remainder, which is about 23 percent, from protein.
You can see the full nutritional breakdown of Wendy’s latest limited time menu item in the table below:
|Calories From Fat||279|
- Classic Chicken Breast: Chicken Breast Filets with Rib Meat, Water, Seasoning [Salt, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder, Yeast Extract, Garlic Powder, Spices (including Celery Seed), Natural Flavors, Chicken Fat, Chicken Broth, Cooked Chicken, Citric Acid, Grill Flavor (from Sunflower Oil)], Modified Potato Starch, Sodium Phosphates. Battered and Breaded with: Wheat Flour, Modified Corn Starch, Water, Salt, Wheat Gluten, Natural Flavors, Monosodium Glutamate, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Garlic Powder, Spices, Lactic Acid, Onion Powder, Extractives of Turmeric. Breading Set in Vegetable Oil. Cooked In Vegetable Oil (Canola, Soybean, Corn and/or Cottonseed), Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Dimethylpolysiloxane (To Reduce Foaming). Contains: Wheat. Cooked in the same oil as menu items containing Wheat, Egg, Soy, Milk, and Fish. Grilled, Classic, and Spicy Chicken Breasts are cut on a common cutting board, which results in cross-contact with common food allergens like Wheat and Soy.
- Fried Mozzarella Cheese: Pasteurized Milk, Water, Wheat Flour, Contains less than 2% of Cheese Culture, Garlic Powder, Enzymes, Natural Flavor, Guar Gum, Salt, Onion Powder, Pasteurized Cream, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Spice, Spice Extractives, Wheat Gluten, Sugar, Yeast, Yellow Corn Flower. Contains: Milk, Wheat. Cooked in the same oil as menu items containing Milk, Wheat, Egg, Soy, and Fish.
- Garlic Knot Bun: Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley), Yeast, Water, and Contains less than 2% of each of the following: Roasted Garlic, Sugar, Palm Oil, Salt, Wheat Sourdough (Water, Fermented Wheat Flour), Wheat Gluten, Dextrose, Garlic Powder, Barley Malt Flour, Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Reduced Iron, Folic Acid, Riboflavin), Sunflower Lecithin, Enzymes, Ascorbic Acid, Basil, Parsley, Oregano, Calcium Propionate (preservative). Topping: Water, Pea Protein, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Modified Food Starch. Contains: Wheat. Buns are toasted in a common toasted with products containing Milk, Wheat, Soy, and Pork Fat.
- Marinara Sauce: Water, Tomato Paste, Sugar, Onion, Salt, Distilled Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Contains Less Than 2% of Garlic, Dehydrated Onion, Brown Sugar, Spices, Food Starch- Modified, Dehydrated Garlic, Natural Flavors, Dehydrated Red Bell Pepper, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Dehydrated Parsley, and Citric Acid.
- Asiago Cheese: Cheese Culture, Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Enzymes. Contains: Milk.
Wendy’s Italian Mozzarella Chicken contains the following two common food allergens: